Travel Visa To Japan - Discover 6 Types Of Japanese Visas For Foreigners

Travel Visa To Japan - Discover 6 Types Of Japanese Visas For Foreigners

Immigration services for most companies around the world today require that foreign visitors apply for a visa to enter the country. Of course, there are exceptions: many countries have exclusive agreements with individual other states that allow their citizens to travel within the country without a visa. However, these arrangements are generally only valid for short stays: extended visits require permits. Japan is no exception.

If you are looking for a visa to travel to Japan, you should inquire about 6 types of Japanese visas. Depending on the reason for your trip to Japan, you will need one of these types of visas to enter, visit/stay, and legally perform certain activities while you are in the country.

The six types of visas are temporary visit visa, business visa, general visa, specific visa, diplomatic visa, and official visa.

The First Type Is Visa-Free Residence.
This is technically called a temporary visitor visa, as the name implies. However, don't be fooled by the name: visa-free residency is associated with several restrictions. To benefit from the visa-free residence in Japan, you must be ready to leave the country within 90 days of entering it. Also, at the entrance, you must have a valid passport for the duration of your stay, and you must have a return ticket outside the country. This visa is valid for 90, 30, or 15 days.

If You Plan To Work In Japan
This means making money in any way during your stay - you will need to apply for a work visa before entering the country. According to the Japanese immigration office, the work visa is valid for one or three years. You must apply for a Japanese work visa before entering Japan. This means that you cannot enter Japan without a permit and then transfer to a work visa without leaving the country first.

The official categories of work visas for Japan are professor, artist, religious activities, journalist, investor/business manager, legal/accounting services, medical services, researcher, trainer, engineer, social scientist, assignee within the group, performer, and skilled workforce.

Your trip to Japan may make you stay there for more than 90 days, but you do not plan to make any money during your stay. Alternatively, you might consider studying or participating in some cultural activities in Japan. Or, you may stay with friends, family, or in homestay mode for more than 90 days. If this describes your condition, you will need to apply for a general visa for your visit to Japan. It's good for a year, 6 months (cultural activities), two years, one year (college), one year, 6 months (pre-university), one year, 6 months (intern), 1/2/3 years, or 3/6 Months (dependent).

On the other hand, you may be married to a Japanese citizen, or you are the husband of a permanent resident of Japan, or you have been a long-term resident. In this case, you will need to apply for a specific visa to stay legally in Japan. This is valid for 3 years, 1 year, or 6 months.

Finally, if you are a diplomat or a diplomatic courier in Japan, you will need a diplomatic visa when entering Japan. According to the Japanese Immigration Office, the diplomatic visa is only valid for the duration of the mission. The permit is valid for the period of the task. Likewise, if you work in a way that supports diplomatic efforts in general, such as a technical or administrative officer who supports a diplomat, you will need to apply for the so-called official visa. Like a diplomatic visa, this visa is only valid for the duration of the mission.

A word of caution: If your specific plans for your trip to Japan are not yet clear, you may be tempted to enter Japan using visa-free accommodation while keeping your options open. This is fine, provided you leave the country within the specified 90 days and do not attempt to earn money in Japan. However, if you plan to stay more than 90 days or plan to work, choose the right option and ask for the appropriate visa type now. This can save you a lot of trouble later on.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post